Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Im Back Baby


Well it’s been a while since I last visited. The death of my Father seemed to quash all enthusiasm for blogging. But now I’m back, trying to get my mojo back, to harness the power of Yoda and bring forth my blithering nonsense to the world once more.

So what to say, well it’s been a couple of months now and during that time I’ve read a few books, been on holiday, taken a few photos and watched a few movies so, what the hell. Let’s cover it all.

First off…..Holiday

Me and the family visited Majorca, that’s just off the coast of Spain for those of you who didn’t pass your Geography exams or whom just don’t give a twiddle.
The weather was nice the place was nice, in fact all was nice. Problem is I visited Majorca and all I got was a lousy German accent. Yup peeps the place was overrun with Germans. Now I don’t mind Germans, I have no problem with any people for that matter but when I visit Spain I expect to be surrounded by Spanish folk. It was so bad that on one beach we visited all we could hear were German voices, no Spanish at all never mind any other English. Half the signs were in German as well. But hey, what you gonna do, it was still fun.

We decided to go all inclusive in order to not have to worry about money once we were there. This meant that within the confines of our hotel all food and drink was paid for. Great for a while but the food got very samey after a couple of days, once again though for the money we paid we would have to be real miseries to complain. As with most all inclusive deals the hotel was in quite a secluded place, a bus journey to the nearest sandy beach. What this meant was that the hotel provided ‘entertainment’ every night. This is where it got very surreal. For me it was like going back in time to my childhood, holidaying in Blackpool at Pontins holiday camp. Every night before the entertainment would start people would come down into the bar area and try and get the best seats. They would be showered, changed and ready for the night. I mean really, these people would actually get changed into some smart but casual clothing (think jeans and shirt) in order to sit around the bar area and play bingo. I kid you not, bloody bingo. Then after the bingo there would be a show of some kind, be it some of the staff doing a rather lame song and dance act (sorry I mean mime and dance act, god forbid they should have actually sang) or some local club singer / dancer. What I found truly amazing was 2 young girls (late teens early 20s) who literally never seemed to leave the hotel. Every night they were sat at the same table playing bingo and every day they were hanging around the pool. Let’s face it if you were that young would you do that or would you go to someplace else and party your ass off. I though so. Mind you they may have been together but they never seemed to speak to each other as they were both on their phones all the time, maybe they were texting each other?!?!

The little one loved playing in the pool every day though and my lovely wife  enjoyed relaxing by the pool so I guess it was worth it. Would I do it again, I don’t think so.

If we go to Majorca again I would prefer to stay in Palma.



Tomorrow Books

Till next time...

The voice has spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment