Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Pancake Day With Boogie

What better day to celebrate Pancake Day than to make them with my little girl Kara, AKA Boogie.
Believe it or not this is the first time in my 42 years that I have made pancakes, don't ask me why it took me so long it just has.
When I picked Boogie up from nursery she immediately told me that she had made a pancake at snack time and when I asked her if she wanted to help Daddy cook some she immediately jumped at the chance.
She sat on the worktop as I mixed the basics together and as she watched she told em that she had her own utensils and wanted me to get them. A few seconds later I was back from her play kitchen with her tiny utensils. Real metal ones purchased from IKEA. And so she began to help me mix. Pretty soon we were ready to start.
One pancake down and all was looking good until. Boog looked at the pancake and said that it need some sauce and proceeded to poor some of the mix onto the cooked pancake. I couldn't help but laugh and just threw the pancake back back in the pan to cook the freshly added mix.



With a small pile of pancakes ready we sat down to eat them with some nutty chocolate spread.
They were sweet, they were yummy, it was filling and it was fun.

Hope you had a fun and filling pancake day as well.

Till next time......

The Voice has spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment