Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

Swimming, soon be time to let go

OK, so every Saturday Kara goes swimming. Shes been going to swimming lessons since she was 9 month old, we sometimes wish she had started sooner but to be honest shes confident enough now so I don't know how much difference it would have made.
All week shes a bit grumpy in the morning, she likes nursery but doesn't get excited by the thought of going so its a bit of a battle sometimes to get her to brush her teeth and get dressed etc. But on a Saturday its a different story. Shes dressed, teeth brushed, hands and face washed and ready to go. As soon as we start packing her bag she will tell me or Otilia that shes going swimming and she will carry on telling us right up to the point that were changing her into her costume at the pool.
Most of the time it is just me and Kara, mum stays home and cleans while we are away, but sometimes mum comes as well. Whether this is a good thing can vary from time to time as sometimes having mum at the edge of the pool can be a bit distracting for Kara. Though she does like showing off when shes jumping into the water, "Nany (She still calls Otilia that even though she can now pronounce her M's) look at Kara." She will shout just before taking a leap of faith of the side.
In September she will be 30 month and it will be time to advance onto the next level, this will mean that she goes into the pool on her own. No Daddy! I think I'm more upset about this than Kara will be.
But I have to admit I think shes ready for it as every week now she keeps trying to get out of my arms even though she will sink if I let go. Shes confident in the water but shes still too young to swim on her own, when she goes up in September she will be wearing a floatation backpack. Today during the five minutes play time break in the middle of the lesson I put the backpack on her for the first time. I expected her to complain about it and ask for it to be taken off but instead she just got on with things and acted like it wasn't there. Good girl.
So for the next 3 weeks it will be swimming with daddy as usual but then shes on her own. I have to admit with every passing week now it becomes more daunting. Having to let my little Boogie go in the pool on her own frightens and saddens me. Its been a journey we both shared until now but in 3 weeks she will be on her own.
I will be nothing but a spectator at the side of the pool. Boo Hoo.


The voice has spoken...

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment