Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Christening Photography

A while back we were invited to the christening of a friends baby girl. As the day came closer they asked me if I would take pictures at the wedding. While nervous at the prospect of shooting pictures of a special occasion I was also excited at the challenge. Being guests at the Christening presented me with certain problems, like managing to mingle with friends as well as having to give direction for pictures. Trying to take shots while my own daughter was begging for my attention.

The Christening was a trial by fire for me as a photographer, for starters we managed to turn up 5 minutes late (thanks to a troublesome toddler) so I didn't manage to ask the priest if I could use the flash. This led me to try and use the camera with only natural light, a mix of small tungsten spots, sunlight from the open main door and the light from the stained glass windows. A White balance night mare. Any way, without boring you all too much I present for you some of the pics that were shot that day. I haven't included many from church as I don't want to upset any of the guests by putting their picture on here. But there are pictures from throughout the day.








I am truly grateful to out friends for giving me the opportunity to try and shoot a Christening. As I said it was a bit of a trial by fire but it was good practice and has helped me a lot to understand the problems of photographing within the confines of a church. I just hope I can get more chances to practice. 

As always comments are always welcome.

Until next time....

The Voice has spoken

No comments:

Post a Comment