Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

A flock of sea gulls (no not the band. Pic 3)

This post isn't just about my next picture in the 52 weeks 52 pics project but also my first attempt at fixing things using Photoshop CS5. Needless to say more training is needed but, I don't think I did too bad for a first attempt.
Just like last weeks pic (come fly with me) this was taken in Tooting Common by the pond. The camera was set to RAW by mistake but as it turned out it was a stroke of luck as it allowed me to play with it a lot more in Photoshop. Presented first is the picture before I tweaked it.
I took this image and toyed with the brightness, saturation, grain and a few other things in order to bring out as much detail and colour as I could. I'm quite please with the results.
I was impressed by the amount of detail that was dragged kicking and screaming from the shadows and the colour of the trees in the back ground gives a real autumn feel (though as you know it was actually taken in winter)
For a first attempt at Photoshop I don't think I did too bad.

Till next time....

The voice has spoken.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe what you can achieve, I must try more with mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key is to have your camera set to raw (if possible) The file size is a lot bigger so you cant store as many pictures on your memory card. This is because it keeps as much data as is possible, thus allowing for greater possibilities when editing. you will need to changes the file to jpeg or some other format to publish the pictures though as RAW is only supported by editing suits usually. Photoshop, apperture, the software that came with your camera, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say one thing.
    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And i saw him working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job - looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete