Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

WITHOUT WINGS WE FALL

In fear and disgust I close my eyes and turn them inward. The darkness scares me but then I see something, something blurred and as it slowly becomes clear I begin to understand.
on the inside of my mind there's a mark and upon that mark there is a sign, written on this sign are words that read:
'No entry to the disease that flows within me.'
A disease that devours, that engulfs and swallows all that there ever was within me. Leaving nothing but the flowing, pumping stink. the stink of putrefaction.
As the mind decays and the thoughts erased leaving nothing but the never ending agony of silence, the stink churns my stomach. So I turn away and open my eyes to find myself perched upon an angels wing, an halo of guilt surrounds me. The guilt of a life that shouldn't be, a moment stolen from God that the Devil dealt in sin.
Angel beats its wings and throws me to the ground. As I fall I see for the first time the world as it is, the truth of its nature. I hit the ground and it wraps its arms around me like a grieving mother holding a still born child. Through the cracks in the glass that form my eyes I witness the horror of society. The theft of innocence as lies smother truth, the gift of death before life is given a chance. The people decay before they have ripened.
Angel looks down and points in judgement at all that there is and then disappears into the burning sky of Gods abandonment. Nothing but backs I see as all turn away and fall into the sky.
Now I stand alone among a billion people, all living in a world of terror. Governments crumble, armies fall, churches burn and people cry in fear.
Slowly a feeling builds inside of me, an urge takes control of me and my hands begin to tremble. The cracks fade and all becomes clear. Here in this horror, in this terror and the fear, I stand tall and I laugh. I raise my hands and shout:
"I AM HOME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment