Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

A New Year, A New Mission

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!

OK now that's out of the way lets get on with business.

So its been a while since my last post, December was a very busy time for me and the family. As it is for most families this time of year. But now its time to get back on the blogger train.

I finished my photography course and have pledged to take at least one photo good enough to put on here on a weekly basis. The course finished well, I'm certainly glad I did it as it really has made a difference to my knowledge of photography, and it has made a big difference to the pictures I take.  The course also covered the basics of photoshop which was going really well for me until the last week before Christmas, then I hit a big wall as far as photo editing was concerned. Why is that you may ask, ask away, ask away and I shall answer.
You see the course used windows based PCs which worked well with my windows based laptop at home. Then my lovely wife took me out to buy an iMac, you see where I'm going with this, now I'm struggling with Photoshop. The program is the same you might say, well yes it is, to a certain point. But then I stumble across something that is just that little bit different and it all falls apart. I am sure though that with time, just like all things Apple, I will get used to it and find my way around.

Strange thing is since buying the iMac I have suddenly become interested in Tech like things. Just the other evening I downloaded PS3 Media Server so I could stream movies and pictures directly to my TV. Unfortunately Samsung don't seem to like installing their DLNA connection with all the necessary codecs for the files iTunes uses. this is no big problem but it would have been nice to exclude the PS3 from the equation. Another electronic device to power up. I know it doesn't seem like much but in these hard times all savings are good savings.

The iMac means we are now a fully equipped Apple household, we both have iPhones, we have several generations of iPods an iPad and now the iMac. Who would have thought it, certainly not me. Who knows what will happen later this year if Apple go ahead with their TV. I expect it will be called an iTV.

One last thing.....
Isn't their always.
No matter what your interest in, from music to motherhood. You can find a blog about it at loveallblogs.com
Here you can read about anything you like as well as my bi-weekly intro to the tech section.

Till next time

The voice has spoken

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of techy words in your post which go totally over my head but I think my husband would love it!! Looking forwards to learning more from you x

    ReplyDelete